Sep 18, 2010

Registration, Placement Test ( 20 Weeks Regular Program )

Registration Date is on 13th - 15h of September (Fall 2010 program). All my friends came on Sept 14th, so we decided to have registration on Sept 13th on the morning. The line was already long from the morning.

Prepare your JW 202, and your Temporary Residence Form for registration. Then you will pay the school fee on the 2nd floor. Better pay with cash, because it is easier and won't take much time. After pay school fee, you need to pay the medical insurance. I never get one, so I don't know the procedure really well. Just prepare the money and passport.

After pay the fee, go downstairs, and go to the International Students Office, to take your student card. Prepare every form you've got on the building, and your passport and 2 photos of your. And It's done. Simple and Quick.

__________________________________________

After registration done, just go and see your name for the placement test, the room, the building, and the class they placed you. example : Last Semester, I had my test on 210, Run Run Shaw Building, they placed me on B1 Class.

On the placement test day, they will give you test according to your chinese level. If you are beginner, ask for the A test. The A test is filled with english and pinyin, so don't worry. If you already know some chinese, ask for the B test. The B test is filled with simple and easy hanzi.

First, you do the written test. Later, the teacher will give you conversation test. If you can't understand what the teacher said, just said " Ting Bu Dong! 听不懂!“ ( I don't understand ). Answer as long as you can. After conversation, the teacher will give you Reading Test. Last semester, I failed on these test, that's why they place me on B1. These semester, I skip these test, since the teacher know I'm from B1 last semester. Another student also skip these test, with the same reason as mine.

That's it. The day after, just saw the announcement. And go to the class, to receive your book and your first day. On the first week, you can still keep change class, upgrade or downgrade.

My tips is don't downgrade your level if you think you still can handle. The first few weeks, you need to study harder to keep up with your classmates, but after that it will be easier. 

For intensive program, I heard from my friends. They had conversation test on the morning, and HSK Test on the afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment