Jun 20, 2010

IKEA 宜家家居


I never been to IKEA Store in my life, before Beijing. In Indonesia, there is no Ikea Store located, I think simply  because Indonesian people don't live with minimal lifestyles or like the mass produced furniture, they like the one uniquely made or luxurious looked like, (like my father..). 

When I moved to my new house, I simply designed new wardrobe, inspired by IKEA, but still the wardrobe was not made 100% like I wanted it too.

Well, go on.. I thought IKEA located very far from WuDaoKou, since all my friends said it's too far, but one of my friends also said we can reach IKEA by motoche / electric bike , so it should be not that far. Long story, My friend accidentally know the bus who can take us to IKEA. So one afternoon, we took bus 656 to 望和桥东,then continue journey with bus 628 to 望京桥东, it tooks about 20 minutes to 30 minutes. Not that far..

Well actually, we lost first, because when arriving at 望和桥东, my friend not confidence if it was the right places, since there was no IKEA seen on 望和桥东 so we continue the journey 1-3 more stops before getting off, and ask for directions. The fact it was true, and we still need to walk straight along the road, or take bus 628.

The reason we went there, simply to window shopping and eat dinner..




I never been to place where it's so crowded and many peoples using the display furniture to relax or even sleep on it, I don't have the pictures myself, but these one I've got from the internet.



photo by : David Pierson/LA Times, 'Beijing loves IKEA -- but not for shopping'

From the article, you can see that many Chinese People come not for shopping, but try the furniture and using it like it was their, I also love IKEA, and I came simply for the food and window shopping, but I never imagine to use or even sleep on it..

No comments:

Post a Comment