Mar 2, 2010

Here I am in Beijing

Already arrived safely, I'm alive n breathing in Beijing.

Saturday, Feb 27th 

Jakarta – Shenzhen – Xiamen- Beijing
Around 01.00 am, take off from Jakarta to Xiamen.

Not long time after takeoff, the cabin crews start to serve early-morning/supper/breakfast; hash brown, hamburger beef meat, and supposed to be 2 slices pancakes, served with croissant and fruits.

Fell asleep, wake up for several minutes, saw the sun rise on the right window ( I sat in left aisle, near the right window, 26A).

In the morning, without conscious fully, the captain announced that the airplane will land not in the Xiamen, but in the Shenzhen, because of the foggy weather in Xiamen. I thought waiting will be 1 hour, instead we wait so long, until a group of gentleman on the back row start to argue because of the long waiting.

On the 11.00am, the time we SHOULD be arrived in Beijing, we just took off and arrived in Xiamen, 50 minutes later, then directly went immigration procedure, then to Beijing with the same aircraft and the same crew.

And again, we waited for several time before can take off. Long waiting. We arrived in Beijing, through everything and took bus in 18.00 pm. Phew, we’re late for 6 hours. Maybe that’s why Soekarno Hatta Airport is no.2 most punctual airport in the world, since we never have that climate problem. The most problem is rainy season, where the landing land becomes slippery.

Because of my agent is the official representative of BLCC (Beijing Language Culture College), with most of the participant is BLCC students, just 2, me and another boy who going to BLCU, we directly went to BLCC from airport. Have dinner there, then straight to BLCU.

I’m staying in the Conference Centre , it has been booked by our agent, have 2 single room on the same floor. Meeting another new student who already in the hotel, while chat and plan for tomorrow’s plan. Another Indonesian students greet us, they invite us to eat street-snack, like BBQ or satay, cheap but delicious. They help us and give many tips to us.

Never been in Beijing, and arrived in Beijing with 0 degree Celcius, and just worn one shirt, sweater, jacket, skinny jeans, without long john, it’s so freaking freezing.

__________

Went to both BLCU and BLCC, well I feel so lucky to choose BLCU, I can tell you it's so much BIGGER place, have more foreigners, that I'm expected to. In BLCC when I visit for dinner, many Indonesian there, well they said the campus only have foreigner who have Chinese heritage. 

I'm going to tell you more about CC and Dorm #17 later, since I'm not yet visit my friend who stay there. But it's true, CC is closer to the class room, and Dorm #17 is more far.

No comments:

Post a Comment