Mar 5, 2010

Chinglish

Refer to wikipedia, Chinglish is :
Chinglish (simplified Chinese中式英语traditional Chinese中式英語pinyinZhōngshì Yīngyǔ) is a portmanteauof the words Chinese and English and refers to spoken or written English which is influenced by Chinese[1]. There are an estimated 300 to 500 million users and/or learners of English in the People's Republic of China[2]. The term "Chinglish" is mostly used in popular contexts and may have pejorative or derogatory connotations[3]. Other terms for the variety of English used in China include "Chinese English," "China English," and "Sinicized English."[4].
I know Chinese people not very fluently in English, but sometime it can be really funny, like many sign with wrong translation. I thought myself, I want to take picture every sign with bad translation, not yet found it, but I had my very first Chinglish.


I bought body lotion, since the dry skin in winter. I just took it randomly, the cheaper one and read the letter BODY LOTION. The first time I try the body lotion, it's so sticky, so I washed it with water and it made little bubble. I was so curious about it.

So I open my iphone dictionary,

沐浴露 : Shower Gel
润肤露 : Body Lotion
I was successfully buy shower gel instead of Body Lotion. - -

No comments:

Post a Comment